Where does our seaweed come from?
Gathering seaweed was always an honoured ancient Gaelic tradition.
Our seaweed is grown and sustainably harvested in pristine waters of Bere Island, West Cork. It is grown as part of an aquaculture co-operative. It is then dried and smoked on the island.
What does our seaweed taste like?
The Japanese word for the sixth taste is Umami. It is contained in seaweed and can be used to flavour your food be it salty or sweet. Umami asts as a flavour enhancer and can be added to just about anything!
Cooking with Seaweed
We are currently compiling recipies from both chefs and home cooks who are enthusiastic about cooking with seaweed. Watch this space! Meanwhile feel free to submit any suggestions to us.
Seaweed helps with weight loss
- Kelp protects against high blood pressure
- Seaweed has 50 times the amount of iron as spinach
- Seaweed is 10 times higher in calcium than cow’s milk
- Natural iodine maintaining a healthy thyroid function
- Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory